Monday, March 9, 2020

Blog #14: Joseph Kang: Period 7: 3/9/20

Monday, March 9, 2020
Joseph Kang
Period 7, Sophomores 2020
Blogger #14

Aim: How can the elevator itch and consultant protocol provide clarity and feedback for our fable projects?

Notes:
(Do Now: “Create an elevator pitch for the fable you created. Your pitch should address the moral you choose and the fable story idea you created from the outline. Be prepared to “Pitch” your idea to your team in round “2”. Record your response on the chart space provided.”)

We all started off by creating an elevator pitch about our fables in the first round. After creating our pitches, we went into the second round, where we shared our pitches to our group members and we all had a minute each to share it, which was 6 minutes in total for 6 group members in each group. After, in the third round, we had a minute each to ask presenters in our group probing questions about their pitch. The presenters were prompted to record the feedback that was received. In our fourth and last round, we got a minute each again to give suggestions to the presenters in each of our groups before filling out two reflection questions for the last several minutes of the period.

My pitch was “My fable deals with the moral ‘It is one thing to call for death, and another to see it coming.’ It is about a donkey named Mort who wants to see the afterlife and wants to die because of it. But when the soothsayer tells him how close he actually is to dying, his short burst of excitement changes to misery after realizing the harsh truths of dying.” After I presented to my group members, I was given a suggestion to elaborate on Mort’s motive behind going to the afterlife and to give a backstory if I can fit it in. That is a great suggestion, in my opinion, because when I was putting my fable together, I didn’t realize that I didn’t characterize Mort enough, especially his backstory and intentions. 

Reflection:
I felt that what we did today in class was a great use of time on our fables. We used today to peer edit and discuss our ideas so that we could write out our fable with a clear outline. Personally, I felt that it helped me a lot because there were some missing pieces to my fable that I didn’t think of when making my outline. For example, like I mentioned earlier, I definitely could have written on Mort’s motives behind visiting the afterlife so that the readers can understand the story better. If we didn’t use this time today to peer edit our ideas, I would not have realized that I was missing a few components to the story until I had written everything out, which would have been harder to fix. This opportunity today probably helped many others as well in developing their fable outline that they are going to follow when they write the first draft. Overall, I’m just glad that we got our potential outline issues out of the way for future use.


No comments:

Post a Comment